Monday, December 22, 2008

SANTA CLAUS is coming to town...

Writing a letter to Santa!!!!!


So, a couple of weeks ago, my auntie and D and I were downtown at pioneer place....we were upstairs at the L'occitaine store and D looks down and yells...SANTA..he starts waving and saying "Hi Santa.." then he says "I want to see him:"... so we go down there and he wants to get out of the backpack.....I take him out and his feet hit the ground...he promptly walks over Santa...(there was no line or anything roping him off from seeing him).....he then climbs up on his lap...and he looks him square in the eye and tells him he wants a black football helmet PLEASE...the photo girl asks me if I want a pic and all I could think that was this was not planned and Carrie wasn't with us...No, thank you no picture....., I was kicking myself ever since that I just should have taken the photo cuz it was so perfecxt (and Carrie told me I should have too)...cuz we know how our boy is and he probably won't want to see Santa again (and surely not just for a photo op).BUT , mama needs a picture of her boy on Santa's lap........so, Gramma picked us up yesterday..(one of our bad weather days but she can drive in it...we thought we should go try to see Santa b'c the weather is supposed to get worse)....

So, off to Lloyd Center we go.....D was super excited and was in his snow bibs and hat......he heads toward Santa with gramma telling us that he is "going to see if Santa is at work"....again, NO LINE and D walks right up, stands in front of Santa and says "I want a Black football helmet please"..then he informs me that he needs help getting on Santa's lap....Gramma was telling D to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas and Santa says:
"HE'S ALREADY TOLD ME SEVERAL TIMES"!!!!!

GRUMPY SANTA....SHEESH....but, then gramma says later how cool it was that he said that cuz then D would know that Santa heard him ALL the times he told him (even the first time he saw him)..YEAH, that was cool that he said that..................AND D WILL BE SO EXCITED TO GET HIS BLACK FOOTBALL HELMET.........

No comments: